Parenting books are a dime a dozen, but good parenting books are a rare find. This one is a true gem and is a must read for parents raising boys. This book is written by acclaimed author and pediatric doctor, Meg Meeker M.D. Dr. Meeker is the author of several books on parenting and parent/child relationships. Her books have been highly acclaimed by parents the world over.
In Boys Should Be Boys, 7 Secrets to Raising Healthy Sons, Dr. Meeker reminds parents that there is no greater blessing (or responsibility) than raising strong and healthy young men. This book helps parents enable today’s boys to become mature, confident, and thoughtful men of tomorrow. In the book, we are reminded that boys will always be boys. That means that they are rambunctious, adventurous and curious. They climb trees, build forts, playing tackle football, and push their growing bodies to the limit as part of the rite of passage into manhood. However, in today’s society our sons face an increasingly hostile world that doesn’t value the high-spirited, magical nature of boys.
In a collective call to let our boys be boys, Dr. Meg Meeker explores the secrets to boyhood, including
• why rules and boundaries are crucial– and why boys feel lost without them
• how the outdoors is still the best playground, offering the sense of adventure that only Mother Nature can provide
• the essential ways to preserve a boy’s innocence (and help him grow up)
• the pitfalls moms and dads face when talking to their sons
• why moody and rebellious boys are not normal– and how to address such behavior
• how and when the “big”questions in life should be discussed: why he is here, what his purpose is, and why he is important.
Parents are blessed with intuition and heart, but raising sons is a daunting responsibility. This uplifting guide makes the job a little easier. Get your copy today and pass it on!