Summer is in full swing. The days are warm, the evenings are pleasant, and the kiddos probably want to stay out “all night”. Well an outside, all-nighter may be a bit much, but that doesn’t mean that some after-dark fun can’t be had. As a matter of fact, night-time games can be fun for the whole family. Here’s some of our favorites:
- Flashlight Tag – Catch your opponents with a beam of light from a flashlight.
- Hide-n-Seek Glowsticks – Parents, hide glowsticks throughout the yard and let the kids find them.
- Shadow Puppet Theater – Encourage your kids to be creative by putting on a shadow puppet show. Use a wall or other flat surface to shine a beam of light onto.
- Star Gazing and Constellation Hunting – Use a star chart or star finder, your own knowledge, or even an app on your phone to find and name various constellations.
- Have a Backyard Fire – Roast marshmallows or hot dogs, sing songs, and tell stories. You don’t have to go camping to have an evening campfire!
- Tell Ghost Stories – Better yet, let the kids tell them to you.
- Catch Lightening Bugs – See how many beautiful lightening bugs the whole family can catch.
- Read a Glow in the Dark Book – Yes, there are such things as glow-in-the-dark books, and they sure are fun to read on a warm summer night.