Archery is a fun, exciting, and competitive sport that covers a broad range of activities. Of course you can go hunting with your family and shoot targets in your back yard, but did you know that archery is also an Olympic sport? It is one of the oldest sports in the world and has a history dating back thousands of years. One of the United States most recent Olympians picked up the sport of archery after she was 40 years old! And believe it or not, she had to start at the beginning and learn the same basic techniques that you will have to learn.
As with any sport, there is always a learning curve. As a beginner you have to first learn the basics: how to hold the bow, the proper stance, how to nock an arrow, how to draw, aim, release, and hit your target. Of course there is a lot to learn, but having the right kind of beginner compound bow during this learning process is crucial. 4H has put together a beginner compound bow tutorial video that will teach anyone new to archery the basics while using the Genesis Bow.
The Genesis Bow is designed for beginners and younger archers. Because of the design and set up of this bow, a beginner can go straight to shooting without a lot of complicated set up, tuning, or hassles. This takes it from being just a piece of equipment to being the perfect training partner. Who knows, maybe a future Olympian is residing in your house?
As the Official Bow for the National Archery in the Schools Program you can rest assured that this beginner compound bow has been tested for quality, durability, ease-of-use, value, and performance. Parents like it because it lasts. Teachers like it because it is easy for kids to learn to shoot accurately so that by the time they are ready for a bow with heavier poundage, they have a firm grasp of the basics. Kids love this bow because from the first time they pick it up they can easily and accurately start hitting their targets. You can’t go wrong with the Genesis Bow.
Why we love it:
- Ideal for kids, beginners, and adults
- Genesis™ Technology offers several advantages that make this Genesis™ bow the perfect choice for archers of all ages and sizes.
- Kids can’t outgrow it – because there is no specific draw length requirement.
- It’s simple to buy – no need to measure and fit for draw length.
- It’s easy to shoot – because the draw length is always right, the beginning archer won’t develop bad habits caused by an ill-fitting bow.
- Great for families – everybody in the family can shoot the same bow. Perfect for schools, clubs, organizations – no need to worry about draw length.
- Built to last – durable and tough, these bows can take the punishment that multiple shooters can dish out.
The Genesis Bow Specs:
- Fits virtually anyone
- “Zero let-off” Genesis Technology™ – eliminates unnecessary let-off on light draw weights so there is no need for a specific draw length.
- Aluminum Genesis Cam™ with idler for accurate shooting with little recoil and easy tuning
- machined-aluminum riser
- composite limbs and arrowrest.
- Brace height: 7-1/2″
- Axle-to-axle length: 36″
- Draw length: 15″- 30″
- Draw weight: 10-20 lbs.
- Weight: 2 lbs. 14 oz.
Genesis Bow Kit Includes the Genesis™ bow, a color-coordinated belt tube quiver, an adjustable arm guard, 5 aluminum arrows, 2 archery target faces, and an informative owners manual with a complete tutorial.
5 thoughts on “Beginner Compound Bow – The Genesis Bow Product Review”
This seems like a very good bow. I’ve been looking for the best beginner compound bow for my friend who just started getting into the hobby and Genesis bow may be a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Your blog so helpful, can i link some post to my site ?
Yes of course. Thank you!